Monday, October 4, 2010

Dave Lapham Needs to Shut Up


Unless you are a diehard Bengals fan (HA!), you probably don't recognize this name. But, I was stuck in a car driving from Paducah to Cincinnati yesterday afternoon. That meant to catch the Browns game I was stuck listening to the Bengals radio team. Thus, me and Dave Lapham got to know each other quite well.
I know that a teams announcing team is obviously going to favor the home team. Typically an analyst is a former player of the team and the announcing teams are paid for by the team. But, as a media member, they are supposed to be at least a little bit objective*. But, this guy makes Austin Carr seem unbiased. His "analysis" consists of bleeting for receivers to catch the ball while its in the air, yelling to get in the endzone, and whining for pass interference on every incompletion. You would of thought T.J. Ward committed homicide for his hit on Jordan Shipley (I just wish it was on T.O. or Ochocinco) by his reaction.

* Apparently this doesnt apply to the Cavs. They got rid of Matt Goukas because he was too objective.*

So my message for Dave Lapham, if you are going to squeal for the Bengals like a 14 year old girl at a Justin Bierber concert, get out of the press box.

2 comments:

Bobby Reagan said...

The sole reason I hate the Bengals now, and I have no reason to whatsoever.

Randy said...

What would you do if you unwrapped Dave Lapham on Christmas Morning?