Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dunk Contest: Lame

I look forward to the dunk contest every year. I was very excited for this years after Dwight Howard's performance last year. But last nights contest was a big letdown and incredibly lame. The winner, Nate Robinson, did a dunk Romona Robinson could pull off by jumping off someones back. However, all was not lost. LeBron is saying that he will do the contest next year, which will bring some necessary hype to the event. LeBron is easily the best in game dunker I have ever seen and has me salivating imagining the dunks he could do with a whole year to prepare. My bet is that he will dunk by taking off from several feet behind the free throw line.

My dream scenario for next years contest:

LeBron James
Andre Iguodala
Dwyane Wade
Demar Derozen (assuming he enters the NBA draft, if not then Josh Smith)

Let me know who you all would like to see in next years contest.

3 comments:

Randall said...

I'm assuming Nate Robinson will be back in next year and the dunk contest is gay anyways. If I were Lebron I'd rather do something productive like cheat on my wife.

Bobby Reagan said...

I don't know if Kryptonate will be back next year. His post-dunk interview made it seem like he didn't want to.

I disagree with you that the dunk contest is gay, it's produced some great memories. If the NBA can put on something like last years contest it will be there.

I'd like to see something similar to Howarth's idea where you get some big names out there, LeBron, Wade, Kobe, Iguadola, Howard

Ben said...

no one does any cool dunks, it's basically a carrot top prop act now. i want to see birdman and yao since dwight has shown what big men can do. maybe parker reynolds.