Saturday, February 21, 2009

Funniest NBA Trade

When the ESPN ticker scrolled across the screen and announced this trade, I literally laughed out loud. Larry Hughes to the Knicks with Jerome James and Tim Thomas heading to Chicago. I hope that the GM's did this move to give NBA fans like me a good chuckle.

This trade involves maybe the three most disinterested players ever to play in the NBA.

Jerome James - Has made $30 million dollars to sit on the Knicks bench and eat... a lot. Has played 15 minutes the last two years and is perfectly healthy. This viedo posted on this forum shows his Knicks career in a nutshell.
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=85337

Tim Thomas - If you google "Tim Thomas lazy" you get 223,000 results. I think that defines his career.

Larry Hughes - Here are his quotes:
"I play to enjoy myself, some people take this the wrong way, but winning a championship is not what I base everything on."
"I wouldn’t take being unhappy and not being myself and winning."
"I was asked to sacrifice for the team to win and for everybody, I guess, get paid. That is what was told to me and I wasn’t happy with that."

I guess Larry Hughes going to play for Mike D'Antoni is a match made in heaven for him. D'Antoni loves to get up shots in "7 seconds or less" and Larry Hughes has not found a contested jumper in transition that he does not like. I give this trade an A+.... in comedy.

1 comment:

Randall said...

Those Larry Hughes quotes are heynous